- Website: https://fire.glass/
- Company size (employees): 35
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company deserves recognition:
• Fireglass allows users to click with confidence from any device by eliminating malware and phishing from web and email with no endpoint agent.
• Fireglass technology provides a future proof protection and has been adopted by Fortune 100 companies to protect them from uncategorized and risky sites, as well as minimize security overhead and complexity generated from alerts and support tickets asking to access blocked sites.
• Coming out of stealth in February 2016, Fireglass announced $20M Series A funding and was then recognized by Gartner as a Cool Vendor of 2016, demonstrating the broad support and adoption of Fireglass technology by investors, analysts and customers.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
Fireglass is a pioneer in the world of isolation. Its innovative isolation technology executes and renders all web sessions remotely, delivering only a 100%-safe visual stream to users’ browsers. By creating an “air-gap” between users and the web and preventing any code or content from ever reaching users’ browsers, Fireglass eliminates the entire web attack vector.
Unlike traditional security solutions (e.g. Firewalls, Web Gateways, Sandboxes), which need to detect threats in order to block them, the Fireglass Threat Isolation Platform takes a more conservative approach and assumes all content is malicious and should therefore not be allowed to reach users’ devices. Fireglass isolation technology provides effective protection against threats without compromising on usability.
Offered as a cloud service, on-premise virtual appliance, or as a hybrid deployment, Fireglass does not require any endpoint agent or plug-in installation, and is the only isolation vendor to offer a complete set of enterprise-ready capabilities: Infinite scalability, High Availability, Load Balancing, Seamless Web Gateway integration, granular policy, real-time analytics and comprehensive integration with other security services (e.g. Active Directory, SIEM, file scanner etc.).
Fireglass does not generate any false positive or negative alerts, which significantly reduces the overwhelming operational overhead security teams are faced with today due to the proliferation of detection-based security solutions.
Fireglass deserves recognition because our threat isolation technology changes the paradigm to threat prevention and efficiently blocks cyber-attacks in a market that is being breached on a daily basis and desperately needs an effective security solution.