- Job title of nominated professional: Chief Executive Officer
- Company (where nominated professional or team is working): Blancco Technology Group
- Website: http://www.blanccotechnologygroup.com
- Company size (employees): 250
- Country: United States
In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition:
• Craftiness: Pat Clawson is a problem-solver above all else and it’s how he has been able to grow the business, motivate global sales teams and empower team leaders to execute with results.
• Persuasiveness: A great CEO has the ability to make decisions and convince others. Pat Clawson has what some would call the ‘gift of gab’ – the ability to captivate, incite, excite, compel and convince. But he does it in a way that’s not intrusive and makes the other person want to believe in what he is saying.
• Passion: If you listen to Pat speak about technology, data security and mobile, you will see a bright light in his eyes and a true love for what he does. That’s genuine and hard to find in CEOs today. But that passion comes to life for Pat every single day.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the professional or team in the nominated category
In the tech industry, there’s an unwritten rule that you have to be crazy, overbearing and vain to be a CEO. But Pat Clawson defies that rule in every sense. Despite having more than 20 years of experience in technology and IT security, he doesn’t let his title as CEO of Blancco Technology Group dictate how he leads.
He has the kind of personality and attitude that could only be described as ‘contagious.’ No matter how many domestic and international trips he takes every month (sometimes as many as 10) to visit customers, internal teams and investors across the globe, he is never too busy to respond to an email from a colleague – no matter what their role and level is. And he doesn’t believe you have to be serious and somber to lead a company to success. Rather, he’s quite the opposite. He fully believes in hiring smart people and empowering them to do great work and pushing them past their comfort zones to achieve new heights of success, as opposed to telling them what to do.
Theodore Roosevelt once said: “The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it.” In the 12 months since he took over the reigns as Blancco Technology Group’s CEO, he’s crafted a top-notch leadership team to build out growth-focused strategies and help the business enter – and dominate – the market. And it’s paid off. The company has seen strong quarter-over-quarter and year-over-year sales growth, has been awarded a patent for its solid state drive (SSD) erasure method and successfully completed the acquisition of its biggest data erasure competitor (Tabernus).