- Job title of nominated professional: Senior Cyber Security Consultant
- Company (where nominated professional or team is working): BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
- Website: http://www.baesystems.com
- Company size (employees): 1,000 to 4,999
- Country: United Kingdom
In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition:
• Leadership: Publishing multiple articles for industry magazines, government-related entities, and charities. Mentoring students at the University of Westminster, and Cyber Security Challenge UK.
• Contributing towards cyber security at private events with lords, ministers, industry leaders, and others.
• Excellent record of cyber security consulting in major global organisations, in different industries.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the professional or team in the nominated category
FINALIST – “Security Professional of the Year – 2016” Award (http://www.bcs.org/content/ConWebDoc/56512).
FINALIST – “Security Professional of the Year – 2016” Award, and, “Cyber Writer of the Year – 2016” Award (https://securityserious.com/AwardNomination.aspx).
FINALIST – “Personality of the Year 2016 – Highly Commended” Award (http://cybersecurityawards.com/winners-2016/).
FINALIST – “Personality of the Year 2015” Award (http://cybersecurityawards.com/shortlist/).
FINALIST – “Personal Excellence – IT Manager of the Year 2015” Award (http://www.ukitindustryawards.co.uk/static/2015-shortlist).
Tumber possesses 10 years of management, team-lead & advisory experience, and SC security clearance. He is a mentor for students at the University of Westminster.
He has published the following two cyber security books (see www.RSTumber.com):
• Cyber Age: Exploring the New World.
• Cyber Security: Unconscious Competence – Employer & Employee Handbook.
Tumber has written the following articles (links can be found on his LinkedIn profile: uk.linkedin.com/pub/rajinder-tumber/60/7a4/181/ )
Dec 2016: Rotary Magazine – centenary year edition, Cyber Security
Nov 2016: ISSA Journal, InfoSec Careers and Guidance
Aug 2016: ISSA Journal, Internet of Things: Trust
July 2016: The Bow Group, Blockchain
July 2016: ISSA Journal, Social Media: The Danger Zone
June 2016: ISSA Journal, Blockchain: The Legal Industry
Tumber’s contributions include:
Nov 2016: Artificial Intelligence Parliamentary Group. Invited to the House of Lords, to meet with a panel of experts and discuss the path which British Government should take to use artificial intelligence to support economic growth and social progress, with a view to establish a new All Party Group.
Nov 2016: UK/US-Kosovo Trade & Investment Forum 2016. Meeting with Kosovo’s Prime Minister, and a delegation of senior ministers, to discuss the investment opportunities offered to UK and international investors.
Feb 2016: IBM. Invitation by IBM to join an exclusive roundtable, limited to approximately 15 information security and business leaders, with experts from IBM, to discuss The Dark Web.