The Contrast Code Security Platform
Promote this Nomination
The Contrast Code Security Platform
|Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service)||Contrast Security|
|Company size (employees)||100 to 499|
|Type of solution||Software|
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
Contrast Security solves the challenges legacy application security tools present in modern software environments in several different ways.
Lower security debt. The Contrast Code Security Platform translates into dramatic time and cost savings. For one application alone, not including the time required to manage manual scanning, the time spent triaging, diagnosing, and remediating one vulnerability equates to over 200 hours and nearly $18,000. This is slashed in half by Contrast—and as security debt is decreased, the benefits increase accordingly. For those customers, median vulnerability remediation is achieved in one day, with 75% being closed after eight days. Organizations relying on legacy application security approaches take upwards of 121 days to reach median vulnerability remediation. For Contrast customers alone, the difference in all customers versus those with below-average security debt translates into a 1.7x better security posture.
Improved efficiency. Contrast’s single-platform approach significantly improves operational efficiency for both security and development professionals. Unlike legacy application security tools, the Contrast platform provides continuous assessment across the SDLC. Developers receive real-time feedback and can usually remediate vulnerabilities without involving application security team members at all. Contrast’s proactive security monitoring approach also reduces the amount of developer time required for vulnerability remediation. The fixes are completed earlier in the process with less staff time.
Lower risk from probes and attacks. The Contrast platform can help security and development teams avoid spending numerous hours fixing low-value vulnerabilities and possibly disrupting business operations through application downtime. Developers can then focus on fixing vulnerabilities slipping into production. False positives translate into AppSec teams being unable to review all alerts and pass those identified as true vulnerabilities off to developers. The reduction in false positives also significantly reduces SecOps alert fatigue, which is a major area of concern for security leaders.
Contrast Security is the only unified security platform built to get secure code moving through the entire development pipeline and continuously protect across the complete software lifecycle.
With Contrast, customers can find and fix security defects (including those like Log4j) 17x faster and stop attacks against them without waiting for patches, all in the same platform. The platform provides a comprehensive view and control of risk across the software development life cycle (SDLC) and offers the ability to apply security policy to an application, team, business unit or enterprise.
The Contrast platform includes:
– Contrast Assess provides continuous vulnerability assessment that integrates seamlessly with existing SDLC processes.
Contrast Protect observes code behavior in running applications and intelligently blocks threats with runtime protection and observability.
– Contrast SCA delivers automated software composition analysis (SCA) by detecting security and compliance vulnerabilities in third-party libraries and frameworks.
– Contrast Scan revolutionizes static application security testing (SAST) with pipeline-native static analysis to analyze code and detect vulnerabilities early on in the SDLC.
– Contrast Scan empowering security teams to run scans up to 10x faster and remediate vulnerabilities up to 45x faster while meeting compliance requirements of an organization’s security policy.
– Contrast Serverless Application Security empowers developers to automatically detect security vulnerabilities directly within serverless environments and validate and prioritize alert test results for remediation. Using context-based static and dynamic engines, Contrast can improve the operational efficiencies of serverless security by 50% while accelerating development release cycles.
Contrast simplifies the complexity that impedes today’s development teams with a platform approach. In doing so, the Contrast platform delivers centralized observability that is critical to managing risks and capitalizing on operational efﬁciencies—both for security and development teams