- Website: https://www.cybrary.it/
- Company size (employees): 10 - 49
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company deserves recognition:
• Cybrary is helping to educate and strengthen the knowledge of cybersecurity professionals by providing free cybersecurity training classes to anyone anywhere, whether they are just starting out on a cybersecurity career or they are an experienced professional. The company believes that cybersecurity education is a right for those who wish to pursue it, not a privilege. Cybersecurity training can be as much as $5,000 for a one-week class. Providing free education eliminates financial barriers, allowing anyone to learn from and engage with the cybersecurity community.
• Cybrary plays an active role in combating the increasing global shortage of cybersecurity professionals. The demand for skilled cybersecurity professionals is growing four times faster than the overall IT job market, and 12 times faster than the total labor market. Currently, there are more than a million open job postings for cybersecurity positions around the world. By removing training costs and building the world’s largest community of cybersecurity talent, Cybrary will increase the supply side of the jobs market, bring employers and talent together, and ultimately help eradicate the cybersecurity talent shortage.
• Cybrary is making companies around the world more secure by creating and offering training courses, available to any company, which address business continuity, incident response, secure coding, and much more. Our main goal for companies is to help them mitigate the primary threat that their networks and data protection strategy face. Our training equips company employees with best practices surrounding organizational security and data protection. Both conceptual and procedural lessons are implemented so that employees are aware of security threats and trained on how to react to them.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
Founded in January, 2015, Cybrary is the world’s first and only no-cost cybersecurity massive open online course (MOOC) provider. Cybrary’s mission is to provide anyone, anywhere with free resources to learn and grow in cybersecurity; its training is designed to help people start a career in the field, or advance in their current cybersecurity position. Since launching, Cybrary has become the largest cybersecurity community on the Internet with more than 650,000 users from more than 170 countries, outpacing Github, Twitter, Tumblr, and other Unicorn startups in its first 18 months of user growth.
A year and a half after starting, Cybrary has become a dominant force in the Cyber Industry, offering the largest community of cyber professionals the ability to learn from, collaborate and contribute to the industry’s knowledge-base, as well as giving everyone, the ability to get certified in valuable cyber security skills. These Micro-Skills Certifications are just one part of Cybrary’s mission to educate people to fill one of the biggest needs in the job market to date – Cybersecurity jobs.
After closing a $1.3 million dollar funding round in August 2016, Cybrary is even more prepared to stay focused on free, quality training for everyone, everywhere, forever, while providing even better opportunities for education and advancement.