- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): RiskSense, Inc.
- Website: http://www.risksense.com
- Company size (employees): Close to 100 employees
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 500,000
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- RiskSense is changing the way organizations detect and manage cyber risk. The RiskSense Platform enables organizations to pro-actively discover and address cyber security gaps based on the risk they pose to business operations. It extracts actionable intelligence from the massive volume of data generated by a patchwork of cyber security products, including vulnerability scanners, threat intelligence feeds, and other complex security systems. This allows enterprises and governments to quickly understand their particular cyber risk exposure across a growing attack surface, quickly orchestrate remediation, and monitor the results.
- The RiskSense Platform transforms cyber risk management into a more pro-active, collaborative, and real-time discipline. The platform embodies the expertise and deep knowledge RiskSense has gained from defending critical networks against the world's most dangerous cyber adversaries. The RiskSense Platform offers a unique value proposition as it serves both as a force-multiplier for increasingly scarce cyber security operations talent, as well as providing cyber risk management visibility and best practices for the C-Suite. Ultimately, RiskSense empowers enterprises and governments to apply proper cyber hygiene, strengthen their security programs, lower remediation costs, dramatically shorten time-to-remediation, and overall lower the risk of the impact of cyber-attacks on the business.
- RiskSense identifies imminent risks across the entire attack surface, not just the network. RiskSense's expertise at identifying application and database level risk, combined with the unique ability to simultaneously analyze internal security intelligence and external threat data along with asset criticality at scale, provides unparalleled visibility into an organization's cyber risk exposure. Furthermore, RiskSense applies a closed-loop remediation process, which assures that a ticket is only closed once the effectiveness of a patch has been revalidated by the organization's security tools.
In today’s dynamic threat landscape, security analytics have taken center stage for many organizations and are being leveraged in response to the increasing challenges of extracting actionable intelligence from the massive volume of data generated by the patchwork of cyber security products, including vulnerability scanners, threat intelligence feeds, and other complex security systems. Enterprises are seeking solutions to unify and contextualize the feeds from these disconnected, siloed tools and then prioritize and remediate those cyber risks that pose the biggest business impact. Rather than adding more tools, organizations are recognizing the need to implement a new, more efficient enterprise security analytics model.
To address these challenges, RiskSense provides a new, pro-active approach to cyber security analytics and risk management that enables enterprises and government to reveal cyber risk, quickly orchestrate remediation, and monitor the results. This is done by unifying and contextualizing internal security intelligence, external threat data, and business criticality across a growing attack surface.
Manual approaches can take months, during which time attackers can exploit vulnerabilities, causing damaging cyber breaches and loss of valuable data. RiskSense automates these processes, empowering organizations to reveal imminent cyber risks, increase the productivity of their limited cyber security staff, and minimize attack surface exposure.
It’s algorithms and human-interactive machine learning technology is derived from the expertise and intimate knowledge gained from real world experience in defending critical networks from the world’s most dangerous cyber adversaries. As part of a team that collaborated with the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. Intelligence Community, RiskSense founders developed Computational Analysis of Cyber Terrorism against the U.S., Support Vectors Intrusion Detection, Behavior Risk Analysis of Vicious Executables, and the Strike Team Program.
By leveraging RiskSense’s cyber security risk management solution, organizations can significantly reduce risk, reduce costs, improve response readiness, and increase risk-posture visibility.