- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Gluu, Inc.
- Website: http://gluu.org
- Company size (employees): 25
- Product Version Number: 3.0.0
- Type of solution: Software
- Year this product or service was first introduced to the market: 2009
- Year the current version of this product or service has been released: 2017
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 10,000
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service deserves recognition:
* Only free open source Identity and Access Management platform
* Most comprehensive implementation of OAuth2 profiles like OpenID Connect and UMA.
* Best client software, making it easy for developers to quickly use the Gluu Server for centralized authentication and authoriztaion or API access management.
In less than 300 words, summarize the most important features and benefits of this product or service
A free open source identity and access management (IAM) platform, the Gluu Server packages are available for Centos, Ubuntu, Debian and Red Hat. It enables an organization to quickly install and configure a central authentication and authorization server, making it easy to secure SaaS, custom and open source applications.
One of the most comprehensive implementations of OpenID Connect, the Gluu Server is used for large scale consumer or citizen facing applications. It also enables an organization to use SAML to configure SSO with websites. Other authentication protocols supported, but deprecated, include CAS and LDAP.
Gluu also supports web software, mobile software and filters for popular web servers like Apache, IIS and nginx. Client libraries for OpenID Connect are available for Php, Java, Python, Node, Ruby, C#, Perl and Go. There are also plugins for popular open source software tools like WordPress, Drupal, SugarCRM, Magento, and OpenCart.
Out of the box, the Gluu Server ships with support for several two-factor authentication technologies, including FIDO U2F, a free mobile application called Super Gluu, OATH one time passwords, web certificate or smart card authentication, SMS authentication, and support for the Duo SaaS service. Social login can be configured to over 300 different websites. “Custom authentication scripts” enable an organization to customize the business logic for user authentication, enabling implementation of any requirement.
In order to make the Internet a safer place, it’s imperative that IAM software is widely available. In order to develop an ecosystem, and to increase the supply of engineers, the platform must be free. An IAM platform is a number of components, integrated and working together. While individual security projects existed, until the Gluu Server, there was no complete free open source IAM platform. Downloaded approximately 2,000 times per month, Gluu’s innovation is a boon to the security